~*Welcome*~

Thanks for visiting our family blog. Take some time to look around. Please leave a comment for us. We love hearing from our family and friends. ♥

Friday, May 8, 2009

A Huge Water slide and a Fun Ship Freddy Party- Day 6, Fun Day At Sea


This day was all about relaxation and enjoying the pool deck. Caiden had fallen asleep so early the night before that he woke up early on this day. The first words out of his mouth were, "I want to go to Camp Carnival today." Scott got up with him and took him to eat breakfast. I was glad Caiden went to Camp Carnival because they were having a Fun Ship Freddy party. They had dancing, crafts and they had face panting. While Caiden was Partying it up, Scott was working out at the gym and I was sleeping until 11:30. Talk about heaven!

We picked Caiden up at 12 and took him to lunch. The turkey sandwiches from the deli were so yummy. Caiden discovered that he really likes purple cabbage and also sunflower nuts. It was nice to see him eating veggies.

I wish we could train this crazy smile out of him... If you can't win 'em, join 'em.

After lunch they had a book signing party. Caiden was a huge fan. Been there done that, got a t-shirt for it.... plus a book, a CD and a stuffed toy. Fun Ship Freddy was always willing to give hugs to the kids. Caiden thought he was one cool dude.

Freedy signed Caiden's Book and CD

We decided to hit the pools today. Caiden was totally excited about that idea.

Scott and Caiden hanging out
.
This was the very best part of the day. We tried to get Caiden to be able to ride the slide on the first day of the cruise and they sent him away crying. He was too short. This day though, we tried it again. We walked up to the top, the attendant looked at his height and with anticipation we waited for him to make the final judgement. I went down the slide first so that I could catch Caiden at the end..... I waited..... and waited.... and waited. All of a sudden, I saw them walking down the stairs towards me. I thought they had been turned away again. Scott told me that Caiden sat down at the slide but had gotten scared.
Ok, I said I wasn't going to push Caiden into doing anything that he didn't feel comfortable and confident doing, right? Well, this was an exception. I knew that he would be mad at himself if he didn't try it. So we all marched back up to the top, I told Caiden I would wait for him at the bottom and that he would love it. I went sliding down and waited... and waited. This time though, Caiden came shooting down the slide with the biggest smile on his face..... "LET'S DO IT AGAIN." Scott told me that he had to pry Caiden's little hands off the sides of the slide. And push him down.... (Can you imagine the shock and horror of the people and the attendant? I can only imagine and was so glad that I was already at the bottom.)
We went down the slide probably 15 times or more. The attendant who let Caiden "Slide" past the height restriction got a nice tip from us that day. Thank You MURIANA from Indonesia, you made our son's day!
Caiden was a pro! He even started flipping onto his belly and doing tricks on the way down.
Ok, so sometimes pushing your child to do things isn't always a bad thing.

Scott got some speed too. We all loved the slide!!!
Pool Boy.
~☺~
Dinner had been rough for Caiden. We finally asked for the most kid friendly thing we could think of. Hot Dogs, no bun and fries. I love that he got to drink his chocolate milk out of a wine glass.
He said, "I look like a grown-up huh?"
Caiden really wanted a monkey towel friend. He got a bonus this day. A tiny snail and a gorilla.... That is kind of like a monkey, right?

No comments: