
We were supposed to make a stop in Roatan Honduras this day. We sailed in just beyond their border and 'parked'. The Honduran officials came aboard and told the captain that they had been having some political unrest and they advised the captain to not let us go ashore because of some demonstrations and fires that that been set by protesters. They were protesting some labor laws and apparently were not happy.
The cruise director announced over the loud speaker that we would be sailing on. Talk about political unrest. Many passengers were seriously tempted to find the captain and throw him and his crew overboard.
We were extremely disappointed because we had already booked and paid for our shore excursion. I'll admit that I even cried a few tears out of frustration.
We went back to the room and Caiden couldn't understand what happened he just said in his smallest little voice, "But I wanted to go to the beach." We instead got him dressed and took him up to Camp Carnival where he played with toys and had so much fun.
We took a nap, laid out by the pool and ate lots of food. Basically, I sulked in my disappointment for the rest of the afternoon.
I was not in the mood to take pictures this day.





No comments:
Post a Comment