~*Welcome*~

Thanks for visiting our family blog. Take some time to look around. Please leave a comment for us. We love hearing from our family and friends. ♥

Monday, January 12, 2009

Branch Family Home Evening


Tonight we did F.H.E. a bit different!

As the Relief Society President I have really been thinking a lot about what things we could do to bring a sense of family into our branch. I have come to the realization that I cannot bring others back to church unless they want to be there, so I have changed my focus to the members that are faithful and come because they have the desire to do so.

As I have been thinking and praying about the needs of the members the thought came to me to hold F.H.E. for the branch once a month. To me this made perfect sense.... Kind of . We are the only family with young kids and isn't that who usually has F.H.E.? Well traditionally that is what people do, but we all know that even if you are a family of 1 you should still be having F.H.E.

So, I presented it in branch council yesterday and they said, "So how about tomorrow?"

I was happy to know that everyone was excited to try it.

Caiden and I baked brownies after school, Scott prepared a quick lesson, I lead the music and Sister Utley played the piano for us. The men had fun playing the game and debating on the rules that seemed to change each round. I felt really good about the chance to be together with our "family." Our "family" consists of men that are widowed or do not have a spouse living with them or couples that are empty nesters. We realized that it has probably been a very long time since they have had F.H.E. Caiden was such a good boy and played with the Legos after he got bored not being able to answer the trivia questions. We will definitely be doing branch F.H.E. again.

I just want to end by saying I love the Church and the programs that have been designed to strengthen the family unit. I love Family Home Evening and the opportunity it gives us to shut the world out for a night. I love the gospel and the teachings that help bring me closer to my goals. Above all else, I love my Savior Jesus Christ who loves me enough to forgive me for all my shortcomings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job!!