~*Welcome*~

Thanks for visiting our family blog. Take some time to look around. Please leave a comment for us. We love hearing from our family and friends. ♥

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kid Knees, you have them don't you?


A lot of medical talk happens in our home. Scott and I discuss conditions and functions of many different body systems. We recently realized that our conversation was a bit advanced for Caiden as he gave us a very sweet and innocent interjection.
Caiden was born with KIDNEY problems. At his last scan we were told that his body has healed and corrected the function of his fluid filtering organs. Although we have always told him that he was born with kidney issues we never went into too much detail as to what his condition actually caused. Honestly, because of his age when we were told that he was healed, we never explained it to him when he was old enough to understand.
So as Scott and I were talking about the function of the liver and the KIDNEYS, Caiden asked me a very serious question.

"Mom, do you still have KID-KNEES?" (I could see the confusion on his angelic little face.)
"What do you think?" I asked.
"Well, I thought you would have GROWN-UP KNEES."

I didn't answer him right away, I was trying so hard not to just crack up at his very poignant observation. I had him ask his dad the same question. Of course this time we gave a very hearty giggle and explained to him what his KIDNEYS are and why we ALL have them.
My confusion was cleared up too. We push Caiden to drink a lot of water to keep his KIDNEYS flushed. I then realized why sometimes he would tell me that when he gets cold drinks of water his legs work better... Duh, it's because water is good for his KID-KNEES.
As I have gotten older I do wish though that my KID-KNEES worked as well as they did when I was four years old. I sure am glad that we were able to clear up all of our confusion and discuss the amazing bodies that our Heavenly Father designed for each of us.

No comments: