~*Welcome*~

Thanks for visiting our family blog. Take some time to look around. Please leave a comment for us. We love hearing from our family and friends. ♥

Thursday, May 6, 2010

♫This little light of Mine.... I'm gonna let it shine!♫


It wasn't until my recent move here to Texas that I realized just how much I have been missing in my spirituality. I have never felt that I have been good at missionary work and so the lack of opportunity to preach and proselyte on the Indian Reservation did not hit me very hard. Sure, it was certainly annoying but never did I feel like "Oh boy, I sure miss being a member missionary."
Now 4 1/2 years later, a new city, a new home and a new ward has made me realize what a blessing it is to be able to have missionary moments with my neighbors, with random strangers with my own friends and family. I am not just talking about passing out copies of the Book of Mormon (I have been able to do that too.)

I am talking about being more Christlike in my actions, mannerisms, speech and example. I am so blessed that I have a testimony of my own and I can't imagine living my life without it.

Growing up, my parents shared theirs with me... I borrowed it for many, many years. (In my darkest trials, I still do.)
And that leads me right back to being a member missionary. I can be a strength and a beacon to my brothers and sisters that may be; searching, seeking, struggling or uncertain. I can share my love, time, talents, means, knowledge, concern and above all my testimony of a loving and merciful Heavenly Father, a compassionate and concerned Jesus Christ and the comfort that the Holy Ghost can give.

I can share my light.***ME*** I can share mine until they are strong enough for theirs to take fire. I can be my brother's keeper and my sister's strength. I can proclaim all the truthfulness of the Gospel and not hide my testimony of it!!! I can join mine with another that is strong and cause the principle of synergy to happen- (I have loved meeting my ward sisters and sharing in their testimonies- WOW!)
What a wonderful country of Freedom we live in- And oh how I have missed it. More than I ever realized until now.

I have enjoyed having the missionaries in our home -twice in 5 weeks, inviting my neighbors to church -3 just today, inviting non-members and inactive members into our home to share dinner and living my life to be an example- trying daily. Last but not least reaffirming and confirming that my Heavenly Father loves me. That he loves each of us and knows exactly where, when and for what we are needed. I know that our trials and our obedience make us stronger, happier and wiser.
I am blessed and I am so grateful for the area that I have been placed in. I have work to do and am excited about it!
I feel like a shiny new penny.

1 comment:

Emu Monkey said...

Totally needed to read something like this today. Thanks so much for posting. I hope that everything is going good in Texas for you guys. We are pretty much same old, same old around here. Can't wait to finally be able to post about the new kids, but still don't know when that will be able to happen. Anyway, Thanks again for the moment.