~*Welcome*~

Thanks for visiting our family blog. Take some time to look around. Please leave a comment for us. We love hearing from our family and friends. ♥

Friday, June 26, 2009

Annual Mitchell Camping Trip


We had an amazing camping trip this year. We decided to do 'cabin camping' which was awesome. It really allowed us to spend so much more time visiting with each of our family members. I loved that we had HOT showers and comfy beds. This is the first year that I loved every minute of our trip.
We (our little family) had our own cabin. Our kids loved having their own rooms to spread out in. Caiden had a 'cave' that he slept in. The walk-in closet in the master bedroom was large enough to put his twin mattress in and we gave him a flashlight that he could use if he got scared. He wasn't scared at all, but he sure had fun making shadow puppets on the ceiling every night. The hangers were 'bats' and the light on ceiling was the 'moon'.
Unfortunately I only got a few pictures of our camping trip (I am counting on my siblings to share, share, share!!!).

Some of the things that we did were...Fort Building
Jensen and Ashton had the most fun building their fort. It was fun to teach them how to build lean-to's and tee pees. I think they were pretty surprised that their mom knew how to make such a cool fort. Scott came in behind me and put on the finishing touches and a bit of renovations.

The kids spent hours collecting bark and pine bows for the walls. While we were gone swimming, so big meanie teenage boys came and stole most of the bows for their own fort that they were making over the hill. The boys really wanted to 'get revenge', but held back their tempers. We thought we would have a full fledged pine cone war on our hands.
*♥*
Campfire sitting with some s'more making

Caiden loves marshmallows.
Ashton made the perfect s'more, with lots and lots of melted chocolate... YUMMY!!!
We have climbed too many times to even remember, but this was Morgan and Jensen's first time ever.
Jensen took to it quickly and because of his wiry body (he gets that from his dad), he was able to make it to the top without much effort.
Miss Morgan struggled a little bit, but she did a great job. She and Ashton have a fear of heights so it took some convincing to get them to go past the half way point of the wall.




*♥*
Arcade playing
The kids had so much fun playing down at the arcade... It was pretty retro. I think they enjoyed being able to have so many things that they could do. At the arcade, the kids loved playing their version of ping pong... They got rid of the paddles and turned it into ping-pong handball.... It was hilarious to watch... AND A BIT DANGEROUS!!!

Ping pong paddling (hand ball style)

Play ground swinging...
The resort also had a very nice playground. I think those smiles say it all!

(I will have pictures of this stuff soon)
Talent Show Performing
Yummy Food eating, real kitchen cooking
Aquaplex swimming
and some good night resting!!!


I think the best part about our vacations is that we are able to give our kids experiences that they have never done before or probably would never get to do. To see the excitement of them getting to try new things is so neat.

We HATE organized team sports but we LOVE extreme sports where you compete against your own personal best such as rock climbing, cliff diving, SCUBA. I love having such an active family. It really allows the kids to have a nice balance.

2 comments:

The Mayne Famiy said...

Looks like fun. I need your e-mail. I went private on my blog. send it to me at the_maynes@msn.com
thanks

Emu Monkey said...

Where is this place? It looks great!