
I have wondered how it would be to be a husband, a father and sole provider. I cannot imagine the responsibility that those roles carry.
I have a firm belief that the husband has a heavy load of responsibility when caring for his family. Scott is no exception to this rule and carries the responsibility with honor and dignity.
Our whole marriage has been about us working as a team in raising and caring for our family's needs and I am just so proud of the accomplishments that Scott has had recently.
I love that because he works so incredibly hard at providing for us that it has allowed me to focus on our home and raising some amazingly great kids. I love that through his efforts I get to stay at home with my family and love the little moments each day. This is the greatest gift that he could give me as a mother.
Scott recently had another huge accomplishment in his education. Over the weekend he took his Orthopedic Clinical Specialist board exams. What this means for right now is that he just earned three more initials after his name. He also earned his Doctorate degree about 2 years ago. (I always said I would marry a doctor.)
If you were to list all of his titles and initials it would look something like this:
LCDR Scott D. Mitchell, BS, MPT, DPT, OCS
The humble man in him would never list those, so I will. I don't think he realizes just how much he has accomplished especially given the nature of the hard times that have found us in the past few years. Through contention and pain he has risen above all that has been given to him. Despite the outside influences that try desperately to hurt our family, they never have. We realize that to much chagrin, we are closer and more unified than ever before.
I had mentioned that only through our partnership has this been possible or even desired. I love that because of where we are in our lives that he is able to further his education. I love that I allow him to do so... By that, I mean I am able to encourage him, support him and believe in him.
I believe that I will have the opportunity to one day accomplish my educational goals but for now, I am exactly where I am supposed/wanting to be. I love being a mom and because Scott is the most amazing man ever, I can focus on our family and be grateful for this space in time that is called motherhood.
Congratulations Scott! You are loved so much by each member of this family.
♥YOU'RE THE BEST♥
2 comments:
Amanda, Ilove that you put your heart into your blogs. What a great way to keep a journal and get your feeliongs on the page. I am better at taking the pictures than gettin gwords out on a page. Yopu ahve inpired me. Thanks, we miss you guys, Kristen
Amanda, your hair is beautiful in this picture!!! Love it! Congrats to your highly educated hubby!
Post a Comment