
The message in this movie was profound and inspirational.
I loved the explanation that kirk Cameron gave defining a contract vs. a covenant.
“Through reading the Bible, I was learning more and more about God’s design for marriage. According to divine design, marriage is a covenant, not a contract. A contract can be broken, but a covenant is forever. When marriage is just a contract, you will focus on your rights; when it is a covenant, you will focus on your responsibility. If you see marriage as a contract, you look for loopholes; when you realize it’s a covenant, you learn to stay committed for life. Contracts are written on paper and based on mistrust—which explains why you put it in writing. … A covenant, on the other hand, is a verbal promise based entirely on faith and commitment.” Kirk Cameron (from his book-Still Growing)
The director said something to the effect that a contract is something you take because you feel you are owed. A covenant is something you give yourself to because you believe in the cause.
John Waller - While I'm Waiting (Official Music Video) from Provident Label Group on Vimeo.
I have so many personal thoughts to share about this movie and it's message but for now I must sleep. I will say that everyone that is in a marriage should watch this movie. It will give you a new sense of purpose and focus on your relationship. It will bring you closer to achieving a Christ centered home and family. I am so blessed to have a husband that loves and honors the Lord. What a wonderful gift I have been given.
2 comments:
Hi Amanda, Our bishop loved this movie so much that he planned a "date night" for all of the couples in the ward to attend and watch this movie. Unfortunately we couldn't go. Where do we get our hands on this movie? It sounds great!
OOO I heard about this movie and have been wanting to watch it!!
Post a Comment