~*Welcome*~

Thanks for visiting our family blog. Take some time to look around. Please leave a comment for us. We love hearing from our family and friends. ♥

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Through Obedience, Blessings Come

We have been living in our current location for four years. We started talking about making a move sometime in the near future... Our plan was apparently a lot different than what the Lord wants us to do. Through obedience we will follow and learn.

I have been the Relief Society President for a year and a half. I have enjoyed my calling and have really felt like I have been able to serve and to help strengthen my sisters. I have learned so much and really feel like I have made a difference in helping others to grow and develop in their spiritual journey. (If nothing else, I have gained such a strong testimony and have learned to love those that I serve.)

Scott enjoyed his time of having the calling of a teacher. He liked the easy calling and was happy with supporting me in mine.
Well, that time of taking it easy has come to an abrupt halt.
Scott was called to be a Branch President. We loved our interview with our Stake President... It went something like this:

So.... How do you think things are going in the branch?
Our reply... Um, it feels like a sinking ship!?
You both are intelligent.... You know why I have called you here right?
Ummm, Well we are guessing that it wasn't to ask us just how the branch is doing, but that is what we are hoping?!

Of course we knew what the call was about and what we were being asked to do. We accepted it willingly and are looking forward to the potential that there is for growth and development amongst our members.

Scott's parents, my parents, my sister Kimberli, our children and our dear friends in the branch were able to witness as Scott was set apart. What a gift it was that our Father's were able to lay their hands on his head and share in this very special and wonderful moment in our lives.

He has been given such a great responsibility and it has been amazing to witness as the mantel has fallen upon his shoulders. I know that he will do a great job.
I love how organized and guided the church system is. (It fits our personality perfectly...LOL)
It has made for an easy transition of leadership. I have learned that there is a guidebook for just about everything. It is amazing!

As I walked our 5 children into the chapel on Sunday (10 minutes early by the way) I felt happy, sad, proud and humbled all in the same moment.
I felt proud because I was able to get 5 kids dressed, fed and off to church without any tears or contention. They all looked great in their crisp clothing and nicely combed hair... It was awesome!
I felt happy because my dear, sweet husband gave me the most loving and compassionate smile from his seat on the stand.
I felt sad because at that moment I realized that I would no longer be able to lay my head on his shoulder or have his arm around me during sacrament meeting. I just missed him being by my side and listening to him sing or leaning over to give soft kisses on my forehead.
I felt/feel extremely humbled because we are both in callings that have the potential to have a profound impact on the lives of those whom we watch over.
I know that we will be watched and that we are being held to a higher standard and that people will look at us as examples. It can be overwhelming, but instead of feeling heavy and burdened, we feel joyful and excited for the trust that has been placed in us.

Through Obedience, Blessing Come.

What a blessing it is to know that the Lord trusts us and that His hand is at work in all things. We won't be moving any time soon. Our work here is not yet finished. We have covenanted to give of our time and talents freely. I guess it is time to pay up.

I know that we will be blessed. I have been promised this as well. What a grand feeling that is!

No comments: