~*Welcome*~

Thanks for visiting our family blog. Take some time to look around. Please leave a comment for us. We love hearing from our family and friends. ♥

Monday, July 6, 2009

Diving In To Summer Fun


Over the weekend of the 4th of July, we took a fantastic trip down towards Alamogordo, NM.
We love the benefit of staying on the military bases.
We love it because:
1- It's super cheap. (I am always looking for a cheap way to vacation!)
2- They have many things to do like swimming, bowling, movies, shopping and fitness centers.
3- The rooms have full kitchen's, a lot of space and comfy beds.
We took advantage of the Olympic size pool with a water slide and slash pad. (All for free which is even more awesome!!!)
Everyone but Caiden took advantage of the 3 meter high dive. I was so proud of them. It doesn't look so bad from the pool, but when you are standing up top- it is a bit intimidating.

Scott got brave and did some crazy dives.

Brendon had no fear and loved jumping off.

Ashton enjoyed doing his 'skater' moves. (This picture caught him looking more like a monkey.)

Morgan cracked me up. She gave me the peace sign in this picture. Too bad it looks like she's giving the camera the bird.... OOOPS!

Jensen was also entertaining to watch... He reminded me of Super Man taking off.

I love heights!!! I decided to try a handstand with a round-off into the water.

This is my cheerleader move. GOOOOO. MITCHELLS!!!
Brendon is really great at taking action shots. Thanks kiddo.

This water slide was a big hit for Caiden. We went up and down well over 20 or 30 times.


Caiden and Scott getting ready to slide.


Morgan plopped herself in the middle of the cannon war and welcomed the blasts


Caiden and Jensen had fun shooting the water canons at their siblings as well as unsuspecting kids

This is one of my favorite pictures! I am reluctant to let my kids do the inevitable thing called growing up. Brendon is turning into a teenager and this picture shows how the interests are changing with age. He started jamming out to music, but ended up listening to some audio books.... If I wrote out the title he would probably ignore me for a year....LOL.

1 comment:

Emu Monkey said...

I loooovvvveeee cheap entertainment.