I am so thankful that we have taught our children the importance of prayer, but even more than that, I am thankful that we have taught our children how to pray.
Last night as Caiden and I were getting ready to say his bedtime prayer, he wanted to teach his little stuffed elephant "Rumples" how to pray. He folded both of their arms, pretended to close Rumples eyes and said. "Rumples, you do it like this."
"Heavenly Father, I am thankful for my family and for my mommy and daddy. I am thankful for our safety that we had today in our travels. Please bless my mommy that she won't be to sad and that Daddy will have safety on his trip. Please bless my family with safety and bless the kids. Oh yeah, and when we are driving and there is a light and we are going, but another car isn't stopping... please bless that we will be able to turn really fast and not crash.... In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."

I am always so humbled when I hear the sincerity of their hearts. Even if it lays on a bit of a guilt factor.
Brendon's prayer the night before went something like this.
"Our Dear Heavenly Father, We thank thee this day for our many blessings, for our family and for our home. Please bless that we can get along with each other, that we will have peace and calm in our home. Please bless that we can show love in our home so that mom doesn't freak out. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."

Morgan's prayers are filled with purpose and intent. She is very gracious during prayers and seldom asks for much except for safety or good rest.
"Heavenly Father, We are thankful for all that You have given us. We are thankful for the Gospel in our lives. We are thankful for all the awesome vacations that we get to go on and for all the time that our parents spend with us. We are thankful that Dad gets to come home everyday for lunch and spend time with the family. We are thankful for Dad's job and that he is able to take care of us and provide for our family. Please bless us with safety and that we will all be able to get the rest we need. In the Name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Jensen's are very encompassing while being short and to the point.
"Heavenly Father, We thank thee for our blessings and for everything in the entire universe. Bless us that we will have only good dreams and not bad. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."


Ashton's prayers are much like Jensen's except he isn't thankful for everything in the entire universe. He says "if I was, I would be saying I am thankful for stickers and weeds... and I'm not!"

I know that I shouldn't laugh during prayers, and I try really hard not to. It is really hard when they throw in unexpected things or things that are not the normal rote words that kids always say.

I know that I shouldn't laugh during prayers, and I try really hard not to. It is really hard when they throw in unexpected things or things that are not the normal rote words that kids always say.

I am thankful that Caiden realized that I was sad and needed a blessing from our Heavenly Father and that he knows at age four that he can ask not only for the things that he needs, but also for the needs of others. What special and remarkable children I have been blessed with. I love you guys.
Now onto my dearest husband. I am thankful that he holds and honors his Priesthood. I am so thankful that he was able to give the children a father's blessing before they went back for school. I am thankful that when I am struggling with loneliness or needing strength in my callings that he is able to give me blessings of strength and peace.
I am so blessed and so are our children for having that power in our home.
There were a few years in my 'past life' where I didn't have the Priesthood or prayer in my home and it was very dark and empty. Prayer brings the light and peace into our home that was missing from my life for too long. I am thankful that my parents, my dear husband and my sweet children teach me about prayer each and every single day.


No comments:
Post a Comment