~*Welcome*~

Thanks for visiting our family blog. Take some time to look around. Please leave a comment for us. We love hearing from our family and friends. ♥

Friday, February 5, 2010

~Bijan's Pastry Shoppe in San Jose, CA~

Have you ever had a dessert that had such beautiful presentation and decadent flavor that you just couldn't forget about it, or even want to? I have!
While I was at a conference for Caiden's school, I was able to find the most amazing European pastry shoppe- EVER!!! Seriously, their truffles, filled puff pastries, layered cakes and pies were amazing. My favorite was their raspberry cheese cake and their mini chocolate mousse cake. It had a thick chocolate medallion cake topped with chocolate mousse covered by a fudge layer. The outer layer had a hard chocolate and raspberry shell.
Let's just say that even though the trip was in December, I am still carrying a pound or so of the yummy goodness with me. Mostly on the bottom half of my body.... Who cares? Not me, they were worth it!
I had purchased one of the mini cakes and a raspberry layer cakes for Scott to have when I got home. Well my plan didn't work out exactly perfect. We had a delay in San Jose (2.5 hours) and then another delay in L.A. (3.5 hours). Plus an episode of speed running to a different terminal. By the time We got back into Albuquerque, my at one time beautifully presented desserts were a melted mess. FYI: Chocolate mousse can only last for about 2 hours before it loses it fluffy shape. After that, it still tastes the same but it looks horrible!
Shelves and Shelves of European pastries.

Fun Cakes

Biscotti, croissants and cream filled puffs.

This was the truffle section. They had the most interesting flavors.
My favorite was the milk chocolate center with white chocolate on the outer shell.
My least favorite??? Peanut butter and jelly....YUCK!

No comments: