Last summer Brendon figured out that with some long walks, frequent stops and a lot of bending over, you can make some decent money. That money came from collecting aluminum cans.


This summer Morgan wanted to join in on the action. So, she has started collecting cans too.
I am so proud of them because they aren't just making money, they are helping the environment. So far they have collected about 3 kitchen size bags full of cans. Not bad for two days of work.
We spend an hour walking and running each night as a family. It will be interesting to see the change that will come over their physical fitness level. Caiden can run the furthest without getting tired (so far). I am hoping this will help each of the older kids get into shape for the many sports that they tend to play throughout the school year.
I figured that since there aren't sports being offered (there never are in this area) over the summer that this will be a great way to spend time as a family, keep us in shape and hopefully they will catch the love of running like their dad. It must be quite a site to see our huge family running down the road.
I thought this picture was neat. It wasn't staged nor did I tell them to hold hands.
What a sweet family!


No comments:
Post a Comment